Thursday, February 23, 2006

CYOP-II : The one about the Indo-pak series

For those who do not know, this is the second instalment of the Create Your Own Post series. Lack of proper ideas and stifled creativity added to the recent spate of exams has forced me to release the sequel for this post.

When you are in love, you start looking at things around you in a different light.. so have I. No no.. I have not fallen in love.. I am done with my mid-semester exams, without breaking much sweat! But the feeling is pretty much the same :D I guess the effort that was put in the preparations, will be quite evident from the results. :-s But I hope to savour this post-exam-pre-results phase as long as it lasts. I had 3 exams and the prominent ones were Bio-informatics and.. yes, you guessed it right, Software Engineering. Talking about Bio-informatics and SE is like talking about the constant pi- quite irrational but very important. But in the greater interest of the mankind which is known to possess considerably lower levels of tolerance, I'll refrain from talking about my exams.

Now that I am done with my exams, the time has come for me to fulfil my destiny.. the time is ripe now to accomplish the most important mission of every Martian.. Yes.. the time has come to clean my room :( jeez.. I am never able to motivate myself, when it comes to cleaning my room. I wonder whether these spiders in my room are of japanese origin.. No no they dont look like animes.. they are just too industrious for my liking.. They keep building these cobwebs that gives this antique and spooky look to my room. The last time around when I actually cleaned my room completely, I wrote a post on it. That was pretty loong back by Earth standards. So anyone who is interested in cleaning my room, please send me your tenders. I am ready with the contract here. *waves the contract alluringly*



Handsome rewards await for anyone who can achieve this seemingly impossible task. Yes, you guessed it right. A free trip to my home planet Mars and a life-long stay in one of the best oxygen-free resorts in Mars. If you really insist, I can arrange for a return ticket as well although it wont be necessary.. Trust me..

Moving on, India won the series against Pakistan quite convincingly. A margin of 4-1 in a 5 match series is quite a resounding win. Especially after having lost the test series and the first one dayer, to come back with such alacrity and ferociousness catching the Pakistanis off-guard, was just sensational. Winning 4 back-to-back ODIs chasing,with the much hyped Pakistani bowling attack being carted to all parts of the ground was an eye-candy to many an Indian. So now India is one short of the all-time record for the most successive wins while chasing.. 14. Hopefully we pull it off comfortably against England, although the English can prove to be quite a handful with their young outfit.

And this is the optimist signing off from Karachi but before leaving, I would like to leave you with some memorable quotes from the series, all coming from Inzamam (thanku J)

Rameez: So Inzy, disappointed with your performance today?
Inzy: Bismilla-e-rehman-e-rahim. Thank you allah. Ya the indian batsman is play very good today. We is try very hard but is not win the game.

Rameez: Any words for Dhoni?
Inzy: Ya dhoni is play very well. He is hit his shot very hard in our gaps. In start, we is protect our gaps very well. The grass is also thick.. But dhoni is split our gaps with his bat.

Rameez: Another ordinary bowling performance?
Inzy: Ya our balls is loose. The bowler is went for many run. Asif is bowled well. Also, after some shots the ball is out of shape. Umpire is not give another ball.. It is tough to play with one ball.

Rameez: Dropped catches.. did that prove costly?
Inzy: Ya the ball is not stick to our hands. We is practice a lot sticking our bat in our hands.. but now we is more practice sticking balls in our hands.

Rameez: Any plans for the next match?
Inzy: Ya India is on top but we is try to bounce on our back. Insha allah we is play better.

Rameez: All the best Inzy.
Inzy: Thank is you.


Quote of the day: For the linguistically challenged, I cant help it :( Got this as an SMS.

kuchh baatein bhooli hui, kuchh pal beete hue, har galti ka ek naya bahana,
aur phir sabke nazar mei aana, exams ki poori raat jaagna,
phir bhi sawal dekhkar sar khujlana, mauka mile to class bunk karna,
phir dosto ke saath chai peena, har pal ek naya sapna, aaj jo tuta phir bhi apna,
phir na ayenge yeh college ke din yaad rakhna,
to in palo ko jee bhar jeena aur phir yaad kar muskurana

How true! :)

P.S: The pi quote is a modified version of Lisa Hoffman's similar quote on marriage. The coming week seems to be quite hectic. Will be starting some serious CAT preparation soon.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your CYOP is eri byad x-(...the great gokul cannot stoop to such low levels ...i mean c'mon man blogging abt indo-pak series talking abt dhoni,haq is byad byad byad.
Prolific bloggers like u shudnt betray loyal readers like me :((.

normal posts bavuntayi raa ..
God of Blogging .. lack of ideas ante elaga :(..

11:33 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

I am soo tempted now to delete your comment :P And thou art the most prolific blogger in IIIT.. Also its good to dish out byad posts once in a while.. :D Its time tht u stop being so humble, low-profile and come enjoy your share of limelight :D

P.S: Why are you not anonymous? :-??

11:38 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Heheehe...

Thank is you. this was very phunny!!

8:23 PM  
Blogger quills said...

Had to come back again to see what the great Gokul has written today. I totally agree with you..how when we are in love or in a happy mood everything looks so good. And the latter half of your post was funny. :)
Btw, what song is that?

7:56 AM  
Blogger Gulam Hasan said...

And one day we run out of ideas....
Arrey wat is this re sam , j n now even u r cleanin ur room...u guys make me feel guilty :( ...if u find some1 to clean ur room can u ask em to come to my place too the same charges ll b paid :D ...n ya the thought of the day is so true..u wudnt kn now but after u finish ur engg u ll

8:16 AM  
Blogger Sameera said...

hmm nt one of ur best posts
but yeah u shd dish out these once in a while so we can appreciate the good ones :d

so mission spic nd span again
gosh i love cleaning my room
i shd meet monica and ask her for tips or maybe give her some

how did u do so far?

and if u dintk now already i missed the quote..couldnt torture myself
hehaha

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jaya said...

Huahha...When u get someone to clean urs just get em to contact me..my sis just spoke of a 'govardhana giri' of dust behind my bed(exaggerated, but of course)..and been workin my head off at my damn room ever since..

Indo Pak and forwards..well ur welcome..but a forward in the post???? well..CYOP justifies it thats all..no other excuse..

And I liked the sms at the end a LOT..cos its extremely true..right from the waking, to the bunkin, to the chai peeyofyin..hehe..

Now i know u'll take revenge with a whole lotta material next time around..

p.s I wonder at spiders too..

9:22 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

u rock da ...

gene boy did 45 correct in TAT .. :D

7:39 AM  
Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Good ... ur exams went well :)

And howz da project n all coming up? You not to be seen online these days? or am i on ignore for pestering you all night long? :-S ... i won't now ... momz back :(

Alrite ... i've accepted that Agreement ... like i had any other option! :P ... so how much u gonna pay and how u gonna pay? no tender n all! loll ...

Ya ... good for India ... hope they do well in this India-Englaaand series too ...
I have read that Inzy's convo somewhere ... so didnt bother reading it again here ... plus t'was a bit TOO tiny ... cudnt read anything but Inzy. :P

The end lines in Hindi ... good :)

Besta luck with CAT!!! :) :)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Lord of all Things said...

nice nice!!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

New Post!!! New Post!!! New Post!!!

7:33 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@z000nie: Yeah.. you bet.. :D

@quills: It was comfortably numb.. by pink floyd.. now I've changed it.

@Affy: No one is ready to take the contract Affy.. Guess we'll be stranded in our unclean rooms.. forever :-ss

6:43 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@sam n j: J meet sam.. She cleans room arbitly.. So u can always ask her to clean your room. As for me, I dont wanna take any risks.. You first :D

6:45 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@abbulu:
Yes I am :D

@sid:
aarrgghhh.. :-L I'll get back at you for this!

@cheesy:
Thanku cheesy.. :)

@LOAT:
Nice? Thanks :)

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home