Friday, November 25, 2005

Mission Spic 'n Span

So as most of you must be knowing, I have not been able to recover from my end-sem's sleep-for-4-hours routine. Actually I did try going to sleep at 1:30 last night, but then I just cudnt fall asleep. People talk about IIIT having a very good nightlife.. You bet!! So after having tried self-hypnotization unsuccessfully, *You are feeling sleeeepy routine* I just gave up and decided to read Fountainhead. I looked around and found that it had been ages since I cleaned my room. So Mr. Insomniac decided to take the matter in his own hands. It was time.. time for Clean-it-later: The rise of the lean, mean cleaning machine a la Terminator. Actually lean is an exaggeration, coz I am not lean.. lanky would be a more appropriate word but hey it rhymes.. so its cool. So finally Mission Spic 'n Span was launched.

I started off by shifting my PC position. I do that every semester, hoping for a change in my dwindling fortunes here in IIIT,(more popularly known as vaasthu shastra) and so far it has not worked a bit. But old habits die hard. After having done that, me decided to clean my table. So emptied all the drawers of the table and I was shocked to find my CO question paper. (For those who do not know, we had CO in our 2nd semester. Now I am in my 6th semester. Dont be shocked.) I still cant figure out the reason as to why I did not throw it out.

Then I decided to clean my PC cabinet and found a Crocin tablet beneath the cabinet. For someone like me, who falls ill so often,I was extremely relieved!! And then I found my beloved nail-cutter. Oh what would I do without you.. Found the long lost twin of my beige-coloured socks. Found my book report on "As the crow flies" by Jeffrey Archer, which I had submitted in my 2nd sem. (I have a thing for antiques you see.. ;) ) Then I found my cello-maxriter pen which I had lost last sem. And I thought that I had left it back home. Sigh!! Height of absentmindedness. In fact for some time I had convinced myself that I never possesed a cello maxriter. Apart from this, I found photos of my friends in inter, my physics end sem paper (sem2), a stapler, a pencil and a ruler. Even found my headphones which I no longer need. What a prized catch!!

Then stacked all my books together. The time now was 3:00. So decided to try sleeping, but of no avail. :( So got up again and segregated my books into categories. CAT, BTech and some novels. Then swept my room. Ok dont give me that surprised look :| Dint do a bad job though. Heard that IIIT is not assuring 100% placements . Its always gud to have a side business :P

Finally when I was done, it was 4:30 in the morning. Woke up at 8:15 and almost missed SE. But I felt relieved aftre cleaning because dad has been threatening me for some time that he might pay a visit soon. He sure will be shocked. I would give anything to see the look on his face when he sees my room sooo clean!! *evil grin* So mission spic 'n span was accomplished!! I just love the way my room looks.. it looks soo.. hmm.. clean! yes it looks so clean and tidy.. after a long long time. If this obsession of mine continues long enuf, I'll post some pics of my room before the reset button is pressed and my room becomes another attic..

yay once again!!! And the quote of the day is

"If you have lost something, stop looking for it and it will find its way to you".

P.S: I have not yet thrown away my CO question paper. Have it stashed away safely for the rainy days :D And Miss A has offered me her services to redecorate my blog free of cost. Thank you for your offer, senorita and I shall gleefully take it. And thank you scorpio for the conversation. It was loads of fun talkin to ya.. So I am signing off on a happy note unlike yesterday. And yes, India did lose to South Africa. I should not hav signed that damned agreement. Now you see what happens if you mess with the devil? And where did I keep that crocin tablet.. dayyummmm.. Mission spic 'n span my a$$.. *shakes head* Also we have decided to give the first presentation in software engineering course.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Aran said...

Ok, let's see. I'm thinking we'll have a 'fun' theme. How do you feel about a grey background with purple, day-glo green and bright yellow squiggly lines on it? We can maybe throw in a clown on either side of the page. If you're ok with that I'll have some design sheets ready for you by evening. :D

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me shifting to blogsource da.. will send ya the url.. blogger.com sux big time.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Sameera said...

awwwww u mentioned me..how sweet da...

nice post here...which reminds me my room is waitin for the time ill clean it..

s/w engg...to sweeping,,pretty much lots.lol

and also dont do the 4 hrs a night thigie..damages the brain..why r u an insomniac ????!!!! something to talk abt when i see u again

6:13 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@aran:
I aint a court jester or sthn to have clowns in ma blog.. k maybe I am, but I seriously think having clowns is a bad idea. But if u feel it wud look cool, then I guess its ok. After all thou shalt listen to da sensei :D

2:31 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@aman:
yo man.. keep visitin.. ya sure shift to wordpress or blogsource.. me will track ya down :D But dont blame blogger.com.. its not meant for novices like ya :D

2:31 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@sameera:
Its the third time today someone is calling me sweet and belimey, it doesnt feel gr8. Ya clean your room!!

I am up too much thinking about problems of the world :P Well, we have lots to talk bout.. but i might be busy since i hav my you-know-what presentation.. :-s will try to come online.. seriously need to talk with someone saner than me :D

Hey check out this new way of increasing the number of comments, a bit time-consuming, but its cool :D

2:33 PM  
Blogger Varkey said...

My brother stays next to my room, When my parents came down to visit I cleaned up my room , Took them to my brother's room ...which he didnt have time to clean...THEN took them to my room *Wicked Grin*
U should have seen the look on my Brother's face lol

1:08 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@varkey:
Hi welcome to ma blog.. Well that was quite funny.. Guess ur parents might have been mighty pleased.. But tell me, dyu have a younger brother or an elder one? If it is the former, then rofl.. else the wrath of the Elder Brother's Association will strike ye down.. will try it out sometime.. But it will require intense planning and strategising. Thanx for the tip :D

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home