Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Create Your Own Post - I

A twisted series of circumstances have brought me to this state of desperation. Yes, until recently I used to think that I was the only one who, in spite of running out of ideas, continued to blog about nothing. And guess what? Blogging about "nothing" is the in-thing right now. Ask Cheesy for more details. Sam's busy posting book reviews and pics, and Jaya is busy doing nothing. And by nothing I mean not even blogging. So I, as a responsible blogizen, see it as my foremost duty to keep my blog updated.

Inspired by 0belix, this will be the first of the many posts of the "Create Your Own post" series. And since I have fewer things to rave about, just like Affy I will take the trusted solution of blogging about nothing in particular (N.i.P) So this post will be a conglomerate of different issues namely why one should never shop with the fairer sex, my appointment with an ophthalmologist and reasons for my excess hair loss. If you manage to read all the way till the end, then as a token of my appreciation, you get to have a peek at my thoughts. I know the festive season is around, and you guys would get better combo-packs, but then this is all I've got. Lets start, shall we?

It was time for some Christmas shopping for da Big Foot. Ya thats me. But then I committed the mistake of going with my mom and aunt to shop for my shoes. The reason? My dad offered to chauffer us around. (So no RTC bus and no squabbles with auto-wallahs.. or so the optimist thought) And after having tried 3 shops unsuccesfully, I gave up. I usually am not a quitter but then one of the salesman quipped tht they no longer keep a stock of footwear of my size. Humiliated, embarassed and abashed that I was, I ended up getting a pair of floaters. Then started the actual headache. Mom wanted to do some shoppin and so for the next 2.5 hours I think I would have frequented more shops than what I would be visiting in the next 2 years. And she even remarked that I was better than my dad, since I complained lesser. Guess she dint feel the growing resentment in me. So to cut a long story short, do not shop with ladies unless u have a thing for cramps. My stamina has increased manifold after this horrendous outing. Beware Abbulu for I might be ur next contender in the 1500m race in the next sports meet ;)

Moving on, I had always fantasised getting a pair of glasses. Not sunglasses or goggles. Just spectacles.. of the decent kind, not the thick ones. The ones which make you look somewhat geeky. Coz some time back, C had remarked that I looked rather roguish. hmpf. Anyways, coming back to the topic, I had been making various strange excuses for the past 1 month as part of a Mission Get-glasses. One of them was that my eyes hurt if I tried to focus too much on the projector. Little did she know about me being an insomniac. Finally the D-Day arrived and I was taken to Dr.R who made me read A-Z and 0-9 from quite a distance using a mirror in decreasing font sizes. Well I did mess it up when it came to the smaller sized letters and to my horror, the doctor quipped that I would not need any glasses since I only had some kind of nutritional deficiency and no refractive error. In fact he went on to say that I would never need any glasses for the rest of my life, if I pay heed to his advice. I was shattered. I've always wanted to look a bit geeky, but now.. But fate as usual plays cruel games with me. But the optimist shall live on :((

And now for something different. Yes, my hair. I have not been for a haircut for quite some time. And by some time, I mean 2 months. Well, mom has been trying to coax me for quite some time but then I have learnt to be stubborn. Yes, learnt. So this other day my mom casually asked me when I was going to the saloon what with the new year around da corner. I asked her to wait for another month and she freaked out. All she could muster was "Oh God what is this.. my daughter doesnt want to grow her hair and my son doesnt want to cut his hair" I laughed and told her that I had lost lotsa hair this year. My hairline has receded by 2 cm!! And so I really wanna grow some hair, maybe take a pic and treasure it forever. Nice idea, right? :) Studies mention that tension and stress are the main reasons for men balding. But all I am stressed about right now is my receding hairline. And so I have no respite. :( Any suggestions?

Those who read all this crap and have come out unscathed with their sanity, I applaud them. It takes lotsa guts and composure to read all this crap. phew! Moving on to the final segment. I have observed that the women make better listeners than men. Dont know why. But one thing for which I can vouch for is that listening is very important in almost all fields of our day-to-day lives. Forget the classes coz I dont listen to em and I preach only what I practise. But whether it is the corporate world or ur daily relationships. It is very important to cultivate the habit of listening. Listening to what others say is a mark of respect. Shows that you care for them. Frequently interrupting others or completing others sentences are signs of bad listening. Also 80-85% of the sensory input comes from our eyes, maybe thats why we tend to see more and listen less. Listening truly is the highest compliment one could pay to a fellow being. So start listening.. I for one have put in a humungous effort and the results have been quite satisfactory. What I have discovered in the process is that there is a part in every person who would like to be listened. So listen with an intent to understand.. Then try figuring out if it makes sense or not ;))

Quote of the day

I think men only need one thing in life… someone to love. If you can’t give them that, then give them something to hope for. And if you can’t give them that, just give them something to do.
Flight of the phoenix

P.S: Lack of ideas is slowly showing in my posts. I think I have lost the passion to write. I should not be blogging just for the heck of it, should I? Stifled innovation is one of the reasons. Maybe I might take a small break from the blogging circuit.. maybe for a month. I dunno.. And I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my blog friends (LOAT who is as well running out of ideas to blog, and D who is posting thiruppaavais) who have managed to stand by me in these 2 months of eventful blogging. From October 24th to Dec 29th. These past few months have been extremely gratifying and pleasant. And of course all my buddies here at IIIT who have been there for me when I needed em.
adios people.. and a very Happy and Prosperous New Year to one and all. Hope this guy stays an optimist*fingers crossed* See you guys on the other side of the year. And heres something for Ms. Nitpicky :)


Labels:

25 Comments:

Blogger Sameera said...

dudddddeeeeeee
i still maintain i dont think u have lost it...jus dont try too hard to make each post asss funny or as "Same in style" as the previous.if u try,,thats wen u lost it :d

lol ur shoppin seems like fun..cramps kathe..see women are the stronger sex..we can shop for hours without gettin tired :p

whyyyyyyy wld u want to look geeky da?

hehhaha@this "Oh God what is this.. my daughter doesnt want to grow her hair and my son doesnt want to cut his hair"..poooooooor pooor mom of urs..

let the optimism stay right in place..dotn u let it go

as for whether u shd blog or not.we all ask ourselves this @some important junctures in life and always come to the conclusion that even if we try not to .WE NEWAYS WILL BLOG!!! its a bloddy addiction lol

but seriously i love ur blog and ur posts and i think u shdnt stop

enufffffff im outta here :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Jaya said...

ME first...or so i think..i'm busy doin nothing kathe..hmmphh..anyway, we'll see abt that later..after reading the whole thing..i realised i AM a good listener..virtually..lol at ur poor mom actually mistaking u for the "patient" one..next time u shud post a pic of thy shorn self..lesse if u did a good job after all the squabblin..(catch tele-shoppin..i'm sure they'd have dug out a product from the depths of the amazon to address ur hair raisin problems)
Funn post..Keep blojjing, albeit abt nothing..we're jobless enuff to read rememebr?:p

9:56 AM  
Blogger Gulam Hasan said...

See my friend in the world it doesnot bother whether you blog about something special or about abolutely nothing what is more important is BLOGGING so dont even think of takin a sabatical just keep bloggin

y do u wanna luk geeky? u r already geeky :P (even though i havent seen u i imagined u as some geeky guy )

btw this post was good so why are u complaining

12:22 PM  
Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

hey i got inspired by you ... n u taking a break eh??? c'mon ... i kno u cant stay away from this .... and well lol new year's just after 2 days ... so will see ya pretty soon hopefully!!

i started ma post with ur name ... doesnt mean u hafta return the favour :P :P... lol ...

wht an insult!! @ do not shop with ladies unless u have a thing for cramps.

My parents, grandparents and sis .. all of them had spects yeah ... and i was pretty jealous of them ... i tried studying too much ... watching a lotta tv and finally i managed to get myself glasses ... and am really proud to have 'em ... and since then whoever gets close to me becomes a 'spexy' as well ... why? coz i give them ma glasses for free trials u see ...

so how long are ur hair now?? i've actually started likin long hair on men these days . (only some men) ... but those guys who just grow them to look cool ... i call them wannabez! lol

the second last para ... sheesh ... how did u even write it???

nice quote btw!

I think if i continue writing ... the comment is gonna look like a story ...

So wishing u and ur family a very happy and a prosperous new year!!


:)

12:51 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@sam:
Shoppin? We men, have better things to do in life.. :P
geeky boletho ek dum decent.. apne ko mota chashma nahi chahiye madam.. apna lingo samjha karo
ya poor mom of mine.. I myself pity her now n then..
optimism, FREEZE!! (Now, its not gonna go anywhere for sometime.)
Bloggin in future? No comments.. Havent made my mind yet

4:45 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@J:
I AM the patient one.. hmpf.. Yes yes.. I have been watching lot of TV but unfortunately I just cant catch any of the teleshoppe ads.. I know its unbelievable.. And when r u gonna blog??

4:49 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@affy:
1.I DO NOT LOOK GEEKY.. I guess u got the hint..
2.Wont comment anything on the post though.
And about ur funda of blogging bout sthn or nothin.. well theres sthn called purposeful blogging and my purpose is to write funny posts. Not posting some crap bout someone or sthn which is not humorous, which is what I am doing currently. I dunno what I'll do without blogging. I can either retire gracefully from the blogging circuit or go down writing some more stinky posts and then realising tht I hav lost it completely..

4:59 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@cheesy:
I inspired you?? :-??

Well u can take it as an insult or a compliment.. be an optimist :)

Ohh.. I wish u were in hyderabad :( When r u coming? :)

I have the fear of losing hair.. hairloss-o-phobia. So I m growing my hair as if theres no tomorrow. My hair has just disappeared behind my collar. Is tht description gud enuf? And I hate Hrithik and his long hair. >:P

What dyu mean by How I wrote it?

Nice quote it is!

I like long comments.. u shud be knowing that by now.. :D

Happy New year? Same to you! And to your family of course. Have a blast!!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Yea ... inspired me to write abt nuttin ... lol ... i wrote tht post to give u some competition ...remember???

oh...well ... lemme take it as a compliment then ... thnx thnx!!

Hyderabad ... i've nvr been there .. n no plans as well ... but well if u send me the return tickets ... my bags are packed alrdy! :D

I once dreamt tht i had gone bald ... :-S ... since then i've been asking hairdressers the probability of me losing my hair ...

U BET! I hate hrithik + his long hair as well ...

but they look cool on John Abraham ... !

it was a bit too fast for me ... i mean tht para ... i mean i really cudnt concentrate even after reading tht particular para twice.

lol ... long comments ... u do????

Have a blast yeah ... i lost all my friends numbers ... cant contact many of them ... and even they dont have ma landline number ... i feel so disconnected ... i wish i had their email ids atleast!

Wht r ur plans eh? u go partyin n all??

10:04 AM  
Blogger gP said...

Have a Happy 2006. May God bless you and your family for a wonderful and safe new year.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Teal™ said...

hey 1st timer here :)
As far as bloggin abt nothin goes .. we can say one thing, it's our cyberspace ... our turf .. we can do anythin and write abt anythin .. or in ur case, nothin as well ;)

5:03 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@cheesy:
aaah yess.. now I remember.. ok ok.. I "inspired" you.. sounds cool, huh? :D

Well I dint mean it to be a compliment.. ;)) But whatever makes you happy :)) *ducks*

I fail to understand sthn. Why return tickets? :-??

Bald? :-ss John Abraham?? I like Feroze Khans hairstyle.. I meant hairless-style ;)

Lost you!

Long comment#2 from da optimist. Oh lost ur mob huh? read it in ur blog.. tsk tsk. sad..

I stayed at home. I aint a party animal. Spent some quality time with my family on the eve of New Years doing nothing but.. sleeping :)

1:59 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@GP:
Thanx mate.. and wish u the same

@Abbulu:
Blog n Bemoan huh? You give mef resh hope for the new year CryptMaestro.. >:P

2:01 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@TT:
Hii.. Welcome to ma blog..
Exactly. But blogging about nothing is much more difficult than blogging about anything. So I guess I'd rather start blogging about something before I go nuts over nothing. I guess you got the gist.. coz I'm confused :-??

2:36 PM  
Blogger Vivekanand M said...

Hey
Cmon man...don give it up..till readers like me exist..guess u don hve 2 worry :D n abt the shoppin...man i too hate to do it. N i pity the shop keeprs :( Hav a gr8 year ahead...

9:22 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@rebel:
Yes.. exactly the shopkeepers are paavam. They are asked to get sarees from the 4 corners of the shop based on the material, design, color etc etc. phew! And the worst part is finally they dont buy anything and all the stuff has to be kept up in their respective places..
The Life of a salesman. tsk tsk

9:40 PM  
Blogger Niranjan said...

Hi,

First time here. It is a small world out there. I recently posted about my attempts to get the geeky look only to be thwarted by the evil optometrist.

It is a small world indeed.

9:37 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@niranjan:
Hi dude!! Welcome to ma blog.. Finally someone who echoes similar sentiments.. These ppl do not understand why I want the somewhat-geeky look.. Its a small world indeed..

4:43 AM  
Blogger Aran said...

Ahha! Finally you see the wisdom of Calvin & Hobbes!!

Nitpicky, hmmm? /:)

6:29 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@ARAN:
Do you mean the wisdom of a boy who can blame the earth's gravity on the snails slow characteristics. Yes its profound and I had it all da time :)

Hey dont tell me you arent Ms. Nitpicky.. You've always had a thing for the smaller details..

7:00 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

**Blogging about "nothing" is the in-thing right now

LOL and ask Cheesy? She blogs some great topics na...and u too...goshhh u guys write really well and it's certainly not abt NOTHING!


I like guys with slightly over-grown hair...u know, with it falling on the forehead...it's cute! ;-)


Keshi.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

loll

why not return ticks???? :-???

hahahahaaa dont tell me!! @ Feroze Khan's style!

spent quality time with ur family sleeping??? lol quality time? sleeping??


@ Keshi

LOL babezz ... thanks ... but there was this post yeah ... which actually was about nothing ... plus it startd with Gokul's name ... so he had to make it equal ... so he wrote ma name as well ... lolll

11:10 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@Cheesy:
London is soo uncool.. You lost your MOBILE there!! So just stay in India.. You wont lose ur mobile.. Although I cant say the asme thing bout ur other stuff..
Ohhh soo humble.. I wasnt returning any favors.. I was just letting out ma frustration. I just cudnt take the thought of someone writing bout nothin.. especially u.. coz it made my posts look unoriginal.. :((

P.S: What happened to ur blog? its nowhere to be found.. And I'll be blogging soon :)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

hahaaa ... i wont lose my mobile in india ... yeah right!

lol aww unoriginal ... u were venting out ur frustration ... sheesh ... i feel like beating u up now!

My blog ... lol i told u tiz a bit down.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

Hi Optimist,

thanks for dropping by my blog. :) Guess what? I thought that was a great post u created there. I enjoyed reading it.:) and even laughed and some of your expressions. Good one there

"do not shop with ladies unless u have a thing for cramps. "

HAHa !

abt glasses..


When i was young ma teacher use to complain to ma parents that i keep making careless mistakes while copying down stuffs from da board. and The teacher suggested to ma parents that i need glasses. And i too loved the thoughts of wearing glasses. and tot it was a extra cool thing. than i started having headache. and someone told my parents that i need glasses. After that they took me to the optician and guess what. I got a sweet pink glass. LOL...i was excited and can't wait to put it on to declare to my da world how wonderful it is to be someone who wears a spectacles. Few months passed i got bored. Stopped wearing glasses. And when ma parents asked i said i can see clearly now. And guess what, they brough me to da optician check ma eyes and i have perfect eyesight not in need of glasses. and now i am glass free! yay! what a desire to wear a glasses. GOSH! when i recall. lol.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home