Friday, October 30, 2009

Confession

Hello folks,

My name is ***** and I am 6'2" tall. I weigh an unhealthy 58 kilos and am pale in complexion. I think we'll skip the rest of the intro and get straight to the point. In fact, I think we'll take a small detour to grab a pinch of salt before we begin. Yeah, you can take some cinnamon and pepper as well! Now.. to the point.

I think it all started after I completed my first year of engineering. Yeah.. I think that would be it. I had come home for a vacation. And that was the first time I had heard it. Of course, it was a passing mention and I did not pay much heed to it. But since then I've heard it a million times. And frankly, I was getting tired of it. Of what, you may ask. Of comments on my height! Ah.. he has grown really tall.. has he grown taller since the last time I saw him? You saw me yesterday, Aunt Rachel! (Of course the name has been changed!) My neck hurts looking at him. And the worst one - oh gosh! he gives me a complex! Never ever stand next to me, you hear that? followed by a hysterical hyena laugh. (Hyena laugh, in this context, is the laughing equivalent to crocodile tears) Yeah.. so I guess you got the point. I was getting tired of all these comments. Until recently, that is.

Yes, it happened. I looked over my shoulder and found someone taller than me. Its not like I've never seen people taller than me. But this one was particularly tall and he came and stood next to me. I dont know what happened but I was overcome by this enormous feeling to kick this guy in his gut. He was really imposing and intimidating! I was like, Seriously! Is it even legal to be so tall?! And that was when I realised how you all might have felt when you cracked all those comments about my height. I apologise for not having respected your feelings (and your height.)
I also thank you for not kicking me in the gut.

Yours sincerely,
*****

PS: Yes, a very lame attempt at getting back to blogging but an attempt nevertheless!
PS1: If you've made it this far, drop a comment. I'm sure you'll have something to say about the prevailing Maoist situation in the country.
PS2: I've seen traffic being diverted from Halley's blog to mine in the past. It must be the communists! :P

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger manoj said...

Good to see you blog after a long time
I never thought you were too tall. But I wanted to kick you in the gut to see if my hand would go right through

8:10 PM  
Blogger Sukesh Kumar said...

I think prevailing Maoist situation in country can be prevented only if we hand over royalties of Arundhati Roy's books to Naxalites.

8:18 PM  
Blogger hellboy said...

u had time to post one !! .. i thought u were busy with arjun rampal :P ..

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Aniket said...

58 kgs? Really? Have you lost weight since IIIT?

10:43 PM  
Blogger mythalez said...

eh? sorry ... who are you again??

9:01 AM  
Blogger hellboy said...

@mythalez .. i suppose its SPAWN aka srinivasan :P ..

12:32 AM  
Blogger @nks said...

6-2 and 58 KG ... dude ... you are so underweight ... you can give complex to kareena too now....

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home