Thursday, October 25, 2007

CAT '07 sample questions..

Well, since CAT is around the corner, I thought I'd share with you different kinds of questions that might be asked in the coming edition of the billi. A typical question connecting multiple concepts is given below:

1) The minutes hand of the clock is on 12 and the hours hand is on 11. But Gokul has not started studying for his ME mid-semester exam. The probability of him screwing the exam if the paper is tough, is 0.6. The probability that Gokul will complete studying the entire portion before the exam is 0.3. What is the probability of him screwing the exam, provided the paper given is easy?

a) 0.28
b) 0.12
c) 0.18
d) 1

Solution: Answer is option d. I screwed up what might possibly be the easiest paper ever set by any professor. Looking back, I wish he had given a tougher question paper. At least I'd have had a few fellow cribbers! Our mid semester exams are going on. Hopefully my other exams go well.

In other news, we've received our grades for term 1. My performance has been slightly below average, but nothing to be ashamed of! :D And my GPA calculations have been reasonably accurate! I was after all gifted, eh?! :D Work is expected to pile up exponentially in the coming weeks. I've ended up cutting down on CS so as to accomodate other activities in my schedule, which include studying, giving quizzes and sleeping in classes.

Time to get back to studies. Adios!

PS1: To all those who ended up hoping to find a leaked CAT '07 paper - sorry for the misleading title of the post.
PS2: CS fest being planned in IIIT! :(
PS3: Anybody has the song Sideways by Citizen Cope? Please mail me the song! I'm tired of searching for it over the net.
PS4: The last episode of HIMYM viz. 305 was frikkin hilarious! Barney's theory of plotting girls on the graph of hot and crazy was.. err.. classic Barney! Especially the Vicky Mendoza diagonal!! :D
PS5: Dont ask me how I find time to watch HIMYM episodes during exams. Please refer to the second sentence of the sample question given at the beginning of the post.
PS6: Back to studies!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Arun said...

Study boy study. Send over MANAC test papers if you can :P

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Spawn :
Are Ted and Barney in HIMYM inspired from the Flintstones' characters ?

Does that mean "the mother" /"the one" will be 'Welma' ...naah thats too predictable !

Anyway, you placed ? Ping at will !!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha - cat - haha

ha ha ha ha

its too early in the mornign for coherent thought

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@IV : ROFL

@Arun : u meant Maniac papers rite ??

@Gokul : hahahahahahahhahaha

10:51 PM  
Blogger mythalez said...

yah ... the episode was good ... and I did guess correctly that the answer is d :P .. too obvious i wud say

3:28 AM  
Blogger Sameera said...

wat the hell is himym?

am i getting old?

and lol@ the question...

anyhoo (ur ishtyle), moving on, tis easy for u to say blog about SOMETHING, da!

but i have a proposal..wanna be a guest writer at my blog? :D

6:49 AM  
Blogger Rohan Monga said...

i have that song u want. remind me when i am @ home

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home