Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Khronicles - the beginning

We've got a supermarket here where we get almost anything and everything. But the problem is, it is kinda addictive! I found myself shopping for unwanted items and ended up paying a lot more than I intended to. We've got our own washing machines so there is no dhobi problem unless one is too lazy to get his clothes washed by a washing machine!

First day, I went to the computer centre but was not allowed inside. Reason - I was in my three-fourths! And you need to be dressed in full pants to be allowed. But thanks to my excellent negotiation powers which also include begging, pleading and keeping a sad, innocent face, the guard let me in.. :D We've got sofas in our library! And lots of books as well. That is all I know about the library since I've not really gone about exploring. It does seem to be a good place to take a small nap between classes though.

Lately the climate has been extremely pleasant. You really need to see it to believe it. Sometimes at nights, it becomes so misty, that we practically get to walk through the clouds! :D The view from some of the valley facing rooms is breathtaking, especially early morning. There can be a no better start to a morning. I was so inspired by the view, that I decided to go jog early in the morning. Can you believe it? :)) It was a fairy tale story as long as I was jogging downhill. Only when I decided to return back to hostel did I realise that I'd have to jog uphill! I was short of breath for rest of the morning.. so much for being inspired by nature!

It rains 24 hours a day! Either it is that slightly-irritating-drizzle or the cant-be-so-easily-ignored torrential rainfall. But it is fun.. it brings out a new look to the surroundings. I guess one gets used to it. It looks more or less like a resort. The people are kinda nice, mostly confused because this the first time they’re staying away from home. We’ve hardly got any freshers here so it kinda sucks. Everyone looks like an…Wait for it. Uncle. :D

And before I forget, there are no heaters/geysers. So we’re forced to take bath in cold water. :( We had a small hostel party where we had some "social interaction" with our seniors. It was fun! :D The classes have started and frankly speaking the classes are damn interesting! It feels good listening to interesting classes after almost 4 years! In fact, 6 people happened to come a minute late to the first class and they were asked to submit a 5 page report on the case by evening. The way the prof. gave the punishment looked so matter of fact that it was awesome! It has instilled in most of us, a sense of fear! Need to be careful though not to get into the bad books of any prof.

Our campus:

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Redundancy, eh?

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, it really pisses one off when one realizes that one was the only one sniggering at a 'slip of tongue' in the class. makes you feel childish and immature :P
Has already happened to me so many times in IIIT itself that I've stopped khee kheeing at profs now.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Bhanu said...

Hey.. cool!! Nice to see you blogging and commenting even from IIM :) So, like.. are you seriously into classes and stuff?

5:10 AM  
Blogger Teal™ said...

phunny posht!
keep it up da ... ur desc of K almost makes me wanna prep for CAT :-P

10:17 AM  
Blogger Sameera said...

hmm
firasht of all i think..even if u write one small para...ill read it with a weird kind of fondnes.. the one i have for u :p

i really love reading nething written by the go cool man

and :o @uncle
paaaaaapam da

i mean paavam
whtv it is in the k land

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home