Friday, May 25, 2007

Miscellaneous post..

Lately nothing much has been happening. I have been frequenting the hostel to get the no-dues certificates. Its a big pain - collecting all these no dues. But I guess its customary. And for those who are unaware, my hard-disk has recovered. It has been resurrected! :D So I have been filling my hard disk with all kinds of movies. Will be buying a laptop soon.. I just hope its not too heavy for me to carry around. :-s

In other news, my hair has been growing at a steady rate. And I have been under house arrest because of growing cases of sunstroke around our area. So mom is being overly cautious. And I am being forced to spend time watching TV and solving sudokus from old editions of Hindu and DC. At one point of time, I was frustrated enough to take up a copy of The Economic Times, but then better sense prevailed because the articles I chose to read hardly made any sense.

As usual, I've had trouble sleeping at nights and hence end up in front of the idiot box. They show quite a lot of crap on television.. never realised it before. Especially the Aap Ka Surrooor trailers! The recent trailer seems to be depicting the Indian autorikshaw-wallahs as superheroes. It is hilarious.. the trailer, in the wrong sense. And I cant wait for the movie to release. Imagine the kind of fun you can have watching the movie in theaters! :D

Have been listening to quite a lot of movie sound tracks. Aakhri Alvida by Strings and mp3 title tracks are impressive. Adnan Sami has come up with a new album as well with typical Adnan songs. The videos are decent and for a change Adnan is not occupying more than half of the screen. Otherwise it tends to become gross especially when the 29 inch TV screen is covered with a fat man dressed in Hawaiian shirts. The Cheeni Kum trailer is also nice! :D

So IIM-K has replied asking me to undergo medical tests and send them a medical certificate saying I am fine, physically and mentally to take up the PGDM course. I'll be leaving Hyderabad on June 13th, report at the campus on 14th. But before I get to go to K, I'll be making a trip to Chennai for my cousin's marriage. So I need to request mom to draw the family tree so that I can at least have a vague idea which uncle/aunt of mine I am talking to. Painful!

In other news, India managed to draw the test match against Bangladesh. Sachin and Saurav scored centuries and are back to "form". I am yet to receive bumps for getting into K. I will be vacating my room soon. And I guess thats it. Life has been a drag lately except for the spate of mails that we witnessed from ug4GN. Thank you IV for taking the initiative :D I'll be missing IIIT.. :(

Quote of the day:

When I was younger I had 2 imaginary friends.. problem was, they'd only play with each other.

PS1: This post itself resembles a PS post. So I dont think I'll be writing any PS-es.
PS2: On second thoughts, I think writing PS-es are fun.. :D
PS3: Watched Initial D -First Stage anime on Animax. Decent plot. Bad animation though.
PS4: Jaffer has hit a century after bagging a pair. Guess he is also back to "form"
PS5: Hope to watch Shootout at Lokhandwala soon.
PS6: Bored. Someone scrap me! Plea of a desperate man.
PS7: Hardly received any comments on the last short story. I guess only sad stories make a good read. hmm...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Sleeper said...

good luck spawny :)
its sad you are going to become extremely busy very soon

2:55 AM  
Blogger Sleeper said...

reg drawing family tree -: have you been so out of touch with your relatives ? come on ; you would be knowing atleast 25 % of them

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ vasan

I thought U must have had at leat a thoudans imaginary friends re bhai :( U disappointed me ..
(or is it just a random quote)

10:10 PM  
Blogger Sameera said...

was nice to read although its like stale bread now.

no offense tho

and yet again i failed the word verification..must be blind or something!

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home