Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The farewell post..

This farewell post comes with a special, sentimental below-par short story and an inside view of what went wrong with the author as the foot-in-mouth disease strikes again.

So finally we're done with our farewell. And like any other fellow batchmate, I'm finding it real hard to believe that we'd be leaving this place pretty soon. Farewell was nice with good food (although we'd have loved to eat first). Nice speeches by IV and Mangla kept me awake. (FYI I've slept for only 3 hours since Sunday morning 6:00 AM) The entertainment part was also well thought of, with the opening act by our very own Zulu. And the best thing was, we gave him a standing ovation! He seriously deserves it although I hate compilers which might be quite evident from some of my primitive posts :D

Anyhoo we then started gorging on the leftovers and moved on to the informals session. By now I was becoming grouchier. However all the shouting helped me stay normal until my name was called out for the "Uchit award for the coolest one" But cool that I am, I did not press the panic button yet.. :P And then they called me on to give the speech. I thought I was supposed to give the speech at the very end of the program and so had prepared a sentimental speech. But none of the guys were ready to handle any sentimental crap and so I decided not to dish out the senti, mushy stuff. In fact I am glad I did not end up like Aditya/Goyal :P

So moving on to my short story.. I guess I've built up enough suspense.. :D

Bidding adieu

It was time. As he tried restraining himself from crying, he couldn’t help letting a few tears flow down his cheeks. There was a time when she had made life hell for him - especially the last minute assignment deadlines. Fassttt, she’d scream. But right now all he could remember was the good times they spent together, the fun he had when he was around her, all the new people he got to meet because of her and the night-outs they spent trying to compensate for the sleeping hours in the early morning classes.

As some more tears managed to break free from his eyes, he found it tougher coming to terms with the reality. He wanted to go back into the past. Not because he was unhappy with the present but because he wanted to go through it again. He did not mind the pain and suffering because in the last 4 years, she had made a man out of him. He could never forget her – he could never forget IIIT and how in turn, she had become an integral part of him. Forever.

PS: Now THAT is a short story :D
PS1: I am senti.. I need sleep. Period.
PS2: Travel plans hang by a thread. All 90 odd of us have to travel on RACs all the way to Delhi. Now that's going to be one fun-ride. Especially after having done a nightout now.. I am sleepyyy.
PS3: Results are going to be out on 21st April. And we reach Kullu manali on 21st. I am going to be "comfortably numb". (Assuming I convert)
PS4: meow meow poonakutti.. :D
PS5: I need sleep. Time to start for the batch trip. Adios people. And wish me luck for my IIM results! :D
PS6: IIM-A.. here I come.. :D

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey spawn, all the best for you results. I do hope you're able to convert.

12:52 PM  
Blogger mythalez said...

so did u get the award?? :P
and u ll be posting ur farewell speech rite ? :P
bon voyage btw

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will convert buddy, you will !!

There are hot water springs in Manali ... Take a bottle of wine and stay there after u get accepted at IIM-A

Have fun ...

PS : In case you are lost or nething u can call me at .... suspense story

10:13 PM  
Blogger Sameera said...

orey waste fello
u didnt tell me u blogged
bah

neways ull convert
enjoy ur delhi trip
i haev no idea why ur going tho

and who is this girl :p

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ spawn :
Your short story applies to many people I guess :D ...good generalization!!! :p

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home