Monday, June 26, 2006

The race of life...

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle awakens.
He has only one thought on his mind:To be able to run faster than the fastest lion. If he cannot, then he will be eaten.

Every morning in Africa a lion awakens.
He has only one thought on his mind: To be able to run faster than the slowest gazelle. If he cannot, he will die of hunger.

Whether you choose to be a gazelle or a lion is of no consequence.
It is enough to know that with the rising of the sun, you must run. And you must run faster than you did yesterday or you will die.

This is the race of life."

- African Proverb

Less than 5 months to go for CAT. And I have to work harder. It has come back to haunt me. The race of life. And with the rising of the sun, I must run.(Literally speaking, I sleep with the rising of the sun. But I am trying to sound melodramatic, so please do not pass any comments on my sleeping habits :P) Run faster than I did yesterday.

As I read the above paragraph, which I've written, I realise how my attitude towards CAT has been. Just like the paragraph, I start off in full steam, extremely serious to do some effective CATting but then somewhere down the road I just take it easy and the "happy-go-lucky" me takes over. This cant go on :( Time is running out for me. Please do pray for me. Pray to God that I make it. Comfortably. And if you yourself are giving CAT this year, then pray for yourself. Coz I am coming to get you. You hear that? Oh yes, all this time I was just feigning humility which I must confess am very bad at. I am going to deprive you. And YOU. AND YOU. Of all 6 IIM calls. How can I deprive 3 people of IIM calls. Am I alright? Oh yeah, I was just kidding. Getting melodramatic. ;)

The above paragraph was a word-to-word monologue of what is taking place in my mind. A mixture of uncertainity and over confidence.. of humility and arrogance.. Yes, I am confused. I seem to lack clarity of thought. The other day someone asked me to practise meditation because it helps regain the peace of mind. And as I was ready to do anything to keep these voices shut, I decided to give it a try. 30 minutes and 2 loud bangs on my room door later, I found myself on my bed in a foetal position. My friends tell me that I've never taken so much time to answer the door. I guess, meditation is a cure for insomnia. I just hope it works all the time.

PS1: I have officially retired from the dramatics club and have resigned from the post of a lecturer in TIME because of lack of time management. I hope I wont be asked any more queries connected to these issues :D
PS2: Portugal vs Netherlands was one of the most well fought matches in WC so far. And I mean it literally. The football post is still overdue though.. :(
PS3: We hope to get our OBH rooms allotted by next week.
PS4: CAT preparation is going to heat up once I make it to OBH, because our mocks start on July 16th. Plus I hope to provide Baba some spiritual guidance and instill some self-confidence in him, so that he cracks CAT and comes out with flying colours. With great men as friends, come great responsibilities :P Just can't escape em :(
PS5: Siddarth recently confessed that he is scared of me. *lengthy pause* Yes, I was talking about CAT. He thinks I am competition. I hope so, Sid. For your sake and mine, I hope so :D

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's ok baby.. but I've a suggestion which will work for you and me :).. just at the end of the blog "list" the words which are new (to you atleast) and their meanings if possible :P..

9:00 PM  
Blogger Tealâ„¢ said...

[to be read Morpheus style]
Welcome to the desert of the real....
All the best for ur CAT kid! Dont worry my prayers are with you. :-)

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blah@CAT, you cat aspirants have it easy compared to us :P

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for the CAT dood

@tipo :: compared to us :P us as in Vella ppl ... ??

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont think of such materialistic things like CAT/Placements etc..
Think abt the last 12 months of your UG life .. Be happy and have fun :D.

Learn to be an "optimist" like me :P .. i repeat dont waste time on CAT :D

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ spawn :
Awaiting the homecoming of the messiah (to OBH :p )

12:34 AM  
Blogger Gulam Hasan said...

hey jo u kn wat u think a lot..stop doin dat n u ll b fine :)
all da verrryy bestest for CAT
jo rock it da

2:16 AM  
Blogger Sameera said...

yeah u think a lot

but its ok to
its btr than not thinking :p

all the best

wishing u alllllllll the luck in the world..stealin it a lot of ppl and their iim calls

10:21 AM  
Blogger R said...

//And if you yourself are giving CAT this year, then pray for yourself. Coz I am coming to get you. You hear that?

jee sarkarr
*folds her hands, looks heavenwards and starts praying*
:P

koi nahi...all the best for billi, dost!

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home