Thursday, June 22, 2006

Memories...

Found this on the last page of my 2nd sem Maths notebook. I think I wrote this somewhere at the end of that sem, frustrated with the way things were heading in my life. The word cheerful was history then. It was not the way I thought things would be.

Compromising on one's values is the most painful thing one could ever experience. Believe me. And I ended up doing that. I succumbed to it. The system. This was the same time when I lost a major chunk of what is known as self-respect. And falling in one's own eyes is unforgivable. I was no longer invincible. Of course things change. And changed they have. But then some memories, they dont fade away. They just tend to stay with you. They become a part of you. This was what I wrote


If you think something is wrong with the system, change it. Or just try gelling with it. Else just mind your own business. But I couldn't compromise then. I never knew such an option existed. And so I took door number 2! I had to. But I think my nursery teacher forgot to tell me that no one.. No one revolts against the system. Unless you want to be detested and despised by the society. Anyone who revolts must be perfect. Someone who practises what he preaches. And if you're not, you.ll be burnt at the stake, with the public crying for your head.

Yes, I'm a born whiner! :P I guess I was not able to come to terms with reality. Anyways apart from bad sentence formation, I don't think I used to write that badly :P But pretty haphazard. That's what happens when there are too many thoughts floating in your head. There are some more passages but then I thought they were way too haphazard, personal and controversial ;) And grammatically incorrect. Maybe some other day when I am equally foolish, I might end up publishing 'em :P

Quotes for the day:

Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things.
-Pierce Harris

A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen.
-Edward de Bono

PS1: Have tried using shorter sentences in this post unlike my usual ones where I use long lines, which someone happened to mention the other day, were unbearable. Now that is a long line :P Tell me whether you like it or not.
PS2: Lukog says hi to one and all :D He hopes to return in the next post.
PS3: Deleted my personal blog before anyone could get their hands on it, coz it was way too controversial. Although, blogging in oblivion rox! :D
PS4: Almost decided on the wing and the rooms.
PS5: Plan to start writing TIME mocks just to see where I stand.
PS6: Group E is posed interestingly. Any 2 of the 4 teams can make it! :-s
PS7: I ended up tackling Mr Abbulu yday and he ended up with a twisted ankle! THAT is what happens when you mess with me! :P
PS8: Insensitive comments might be deleted. :P
*updated quote

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahha..will write a comment after reading the post if gokul wont remove comments.

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So ... this is the other side of the prodigal IIITian :P

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont worry Gokul..memories are there to be forgotten some day or the other.

u should keep the things u learnt from the incident in the mind instead of storing those memories(incidents).

5:51 AM  
Blogger Tealâ„¢ said...

hey gokul!
it's kind of a coincidence that u found this snippet n decided to post it.. rmr my boredom poem? ;-)
no point in whinin kid, i am sure life will get better. jesht hang on wokay?

8:48 AM  
Blogger mythalez said...

hey .. i liked the second quotation .. 'unhappen' .. well chosen word

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home