Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The J.D effect : An analysis on pre-exam crises

It's funny how J.D gets transported to a world of his own everytime he is in a particular situation. Happens quite often with me as well. (Or should I say "happened") Yeah, during the SE classes. *sigh* We got our SE grades and I pulled off a C. Although I was expecting a B-, I am just relieved that it is not an F. #:-s

A couple of days back, I was just thinking how our lives turn upside down on the eve of exams. Changing staus messages, doing nightouts studying nothing, trying to cram 6 months portion in 6 hours. Some of us go as far as explaining concepts even while taking bath ;) I heard that someone was explaining the concept of semaphores to one of his batchmates while either of them was taking a shower. Friggin Geeks!! x( :P

Well, the only place I find peaceful during the exams, is the loo. Yes, the loo. Where one can sit and contemplate on every day's happenings. The most study-free, peaceful place, where I take most of my major decisions, both career and personal. (No wonder both are screwed up right now :P) But there are times, during the exams, when people disturb even this sanctified place, by asking questions like "Spawn, you had your breakfast?" or "Gokul, you checked halley's status message?" Who in their right minds would ask such questions when someone is "busy" in the loo? The worst question is "Vasan, how much are you done studying?" It is at times like these that my blood boils, and I get this adrenaline rush to come out and bash up the guy who asked the question. But thankfully for him AND me, better sense prevails and I stay aput.

DISCLAIMER: Most of the details mentioned in the above portion of the post are highly fictitious and any attempts to link it up to real life events will be highly futile. :D It's all the J.D effect, you see.

PS1: I have been whiling away all my time. Am hardly chatting or orkutting. Most of the time is being spent in the lab, doing nothing of course.
PS2: Playing with scouts frequently, helps one get headshots with a sniper, sometimes getting you multi-kills in one shot :D
PS3: This post was previously named "Somewhere over the rainbow". Dont ask me why.
PS4: Sid is overdoing CAT. 6 hours a day! I guess he hates being jobless, unlike most of us. Right people?? :D
PS5: Tipo got an A- in SE!! Who says life is fair?? I am disgusted x( Imagine his plight! After everything tipo had to "go through".. :P :P My sympathies and condolences.. A post mortem session has been arranged tonight in lab 330 to discuss what went wrong :P Brace yourselves.
PS6: Testimonial day coming soon. You might be the next to get a testimonial from me. Yes, you.. and you.. and OF COURSE you!! But dont keep much hopes. Its important to let people know how you feel about them. BUT please dont try this at home. :P
PS7: We had a dramatics class. It was fun and I cant wait to get started with the dialogues.
PS8: Short story postponed undefinitely :(
PS9: Cheesy's jealous of me coz I am way too intelligent. Can you believe it?? I can't. Someone tell me that I'm wrong. :(
PS9: I just realised that I love writing PS-es :D

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

lol @ you in the loo .. :D

abt tipo's ... anand's status message was the best !!
- tipo screws up, but not enough :))

abt semaphore shower talk - they must be crazy, gay geeks :)

abt me ... NO COMMENTS !! and pls dont tease me abt my shirt da .. its the only neat one i have left in my room :(

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

talking about gay geeks there are two in ug2

7:25 AM  
Blogger obelix said...

oye, long time no blog ... whats wrong ??

1:23 PM  
Blogger Tealâ„¢ said...

Hmm .. all that u've said sounds kinda familiar - minus the geek talk in the shower of course :-D
btw thou hast been tagged!!!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Sameera said...

aaa finally some of ur humor is back and this time not coupled with iiit stuff..thanks....


i lolled off at two or three points

"chanigng status messages" like that is a major constituent of ur studying process..but taking a look at the pic u postde once..guess its almost as much as a status symbol

lol@the loo...and all ur nicks...funny...

wat short story and what dramatics...clarify da

and keep blogging..thank god ur partially back

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home