Saturday, March 11, 2006

taital numbar wun.. ek arbid post ki katha

April 1st, 2003. That was the day when my dad was informed that he was going to be transferred again, and this time it was from Chennai to Hyderabad. It took me quite some time to realize that he was not trying to fool me. He came home late that night with a book in his hand “Who moved my cheese?” Somehow the cover of the book never appealed to me and the only sentiment that this news evinced, hovered somewhere between fear and frustration.. fear of living in a city which had way too many communal tensions (or that is what I was told by some of my relatives in Chennai.. thank god we at least get to pick our own friends) and frustration of leaving your friends behind.. again.

You see I never ever have had a permanent set of friends. All you guys must be having childhood friends, best buddies or even pen pals. But I, on the other hand, had just a handful of friends who thought of me as the excessively-tall, squeaky guy who used tobe the class-topper, a teacher’s pet and the best class-jester in the lightweight category. Ok ok.. I confess, I was never the teacher’s pet.. :( But the thing is my dad used to get transferred so often, that it used to be quite depressing to start making friends from the scratch every 3-5 years.

Every transfer was followed by the worst part.. a period of loneliness and solitude. But I recently realized that feeling lonely is a universal feeling. Everyone in this world at some point or the other feels lonely. But the real solace for me had been that this phase passed quickly as I grew up. And the brighter side is, by now, I have started cherishing all kinds of friendships. It has helped me to be thankful and grateful to the special ones and I have developed unbelievable patience and tolerance towards the not-so-special ones :) So I guess life IS fair ;)

And finally to wrap it up, the quote of the day

It is one of the blessings of good friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.

Ralph Waldo Emerson.

P.S: I guess the quote explains this post quite well.
People have been coming up with CS blogs and so I’m planning to start one.
Suddenly truck loads of work has come and I am buried neck deep with work.
My sixth sense tells me that trouble is brewing somewhere nearby :-s.
Please leave some topics that I could blog about in the comments section along with suggestions for titles :( I’m part of the placement committee and Manish is the secretary. I’m raring to get started :P And SCRUBS rocks!! :D
P.S2: Please read the title as Title number 1, if you misunderstood it to be Japanese or Mandarin. Didnt find a suitable title. And am working on a better post, but will take time though. Will be watching Rang de Basanti tomorrow for the second time coz they're screening it in the college :D Real Madrid is out of UEFA and Barca defeated Chelsea as well.. <:-p What could go wrong with this year's competition..

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Awwww...i share the same story ... even my dad keeps getting transferred and the whole family moves ... so it becomes kinna difficult to make friends ... when u're very young it's ok ... but as u grow older it's not really the easiest thing to do ...

lol @ squeaky guy ;p

btw i have been a teacher's pet :P

I'll think of some titles ... and if i like em ... i might myself blog on them instead of giving em to u :)

thanks for posting ... and sorry for pressurizing u so much to put up a new post ... but tht doesnt mean i won't in the future ;p

take care...

3:23 AM  
Blogger Sameera said...

hmmm hyderabad and communal tension


story blown outta proportion

this is one darling city
dont u think :)

teacher's pet.im sure u were one always..ur typical geeky material da :p

chalo good u posted something

and when people suggest some titles and other content to u make sure u send me a copy..my blog is dying..save it save it :p

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dood but look at the best part, u have ended making some of the best guys as ur friends. Great to have u as a friend too...

12:35 AM  
Blogger Jaya said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Jaya said...

Hehe..Actually get that friends part even without getting transferred, cos we had to change classes every 2 years or soemthing in school..or my friends would leave.. As a result, not only do u appreciate all kinds of friendships, as u said..but actually have a whole load of friends everywhere..which is nice too..

Summary from two previous comments: Squeaky geeky guy..:D

Liked ur quote too..and realised I prolly am surrounded by good friends..cos I'm always stupid with most ppl:)(u know..)

Cant possibly expect me to tell u what to blog about..so no topics..titles maybe, as and when a post comes up:p

6:14 AM  
Blogger Gulam Hasan said...

A blog on CS a :D
Waitin for it....
hmmm some ideas
1)?
2):-??

6:24 AM  
Blogger Ali Thanikkal said...

Never mind, here is a quick list, you can probably blog about...

1. Wonkette, Politics for People with Dirty Minds
2. Grant Resources Subject Tracer
3. Engadget
4. The Panda's Thumb
5. Thou Shall Not Suck

Want more...?
this surely will help -;)
here

Jokes apart, enjoyed reading most of your posts... keep them coming
-:)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Lord of all Things said...

here u go i posted off the tag stuff:D!!!!chck out

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeh same to samE!! that gives u a braoder perspective of life thoh! i mean u learn a lot! and the best part no teary farewells in life ever u get so used to it ur like okay one more down how many mor e 2 go?

4:33 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@cheesy:
Exactly.. As we grow older, it becomes difficult to let go. But then we do have internet, although the friendship never reaches the same intensity :(

I knew it!! boo hoo at Teachers pet :P

I need someone to pressurize me now n then.. nahi tho.. Insanity-Restored [2005-2006]
ho jayega..

6:49 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@sam:
Me?? Geeky?? Hello.. look who's talking.. YOU are the Geek goddess.. not me.. :P Your blog seriously needs to be saved.. :(

@anonymous:
Great to have you as a friend as well.. I just luvvv anonymous friends who praise me but dont reveal their names :P

6:52 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@J:
Actually on second thoughts, whole lot of friends is good as well..

Now.. now.. dont go overboard with the squeaky geeky stuff.. [-(

Yeah.. I know ;)

A very diplomatic answer.. very.

6:54 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@Affy:
dude.. u rock.. Such novel ideas.. No wonder u blog soo often.. :P will come up with a CS blog.. releasing this April :D

@alit:
Welcome to ma blog.. :)
thanku for the compliments as well :D

6:57 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@loat:
yeah.. exactly.. It does bother you for some time, but then you tend to move on with your life..

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home