Sunday, February 12, 2006

Where's your will to be weird? Jim Morrison

Yup.. Cheesy tagged me.. So now, I am supposed to come up with 5 weird things about myself. FIVE!! And I was given a deadline.. Tuesdays SE class. But because of intense peer pressure imposed by some of my fellow martians and other earthlings who want to stay anonymous, I have been forced to do the tag early. And to make matters worse, I have come up with only 3 points so far. Lets just hope that I'm able to come up with 5 by the end of this post.
  • As highlighted in one of my earlier posts, (or post) I am an insomniac. I suffer from irregular sleeping habits. Now that is not weird, but the longest I have been without sleep is 48 hours. And sometimes, I compensate for it by sleeping for 10 hours everyday in the next week. There have been days when I sleep for only 4 hours a day and stay fresh. But on the flip side, there have been days when in spite of sleeping for 9 hours, I feel sleepy. But I am not the one to be blamed here, its the SE and the compilers class. In fact, doctors have been suggesting their insomniac patients to attend these lectures given by "world-class" faculty along with other fellow insomniacs hailing from IIIT. And believe me, it works! It wont be long before, we start getting ads in the teleshoppe suggesting the above mentioned remedy. Early Bird Prizes? First 50 callers get exclusive VIP seats in the front benches.. How exciting!!
  • I talk to myself a lot. I was a born chatterbox. But there have been times, when I felt that I was better off being alone, and that is when I cultivated this art of talking to myself. It helps a lot, especially during exams, and also during tense carrom or CS matches. It helps in motivating oneself. It also helps during those lonely nights when the WLAN is in its prime sucking form and one tends to miss their family, friends, Television sets, Yahoo messenger, DC++ etc. But the only problem is one must never get addicted to it. There have been times when I have received huge stares from old people while I am busy walking on the streets, talking to myself. As if I were insane or something!

  • I think a lot. Now, that is not weird at all. Seriously. And one of the reasons why I spend sooo much time thinking is my inability to listen to some very, very interesting lectures, given again by the same "world-class" faculty. The weird part comes now. My brain works differently(Yes, it DOES work) and sometimes I surprise myself with the totally unexpected answers that I get to some weird questions. Theres lot of weird and non-weird stuff swimming in this peanut-sized brain of mine. The less talked about the weird stuff, the better. Among the various non-weird stuff I think, some of them are..
  1. What if India wins the world cup? (Cricket obvi.. now winning the football WC will come under the weird thoughts category)
  2. What if Shahrukh Khan is not gay? What if he is just a little weird?
  3. What if Mallika Sherawat were to act as Anarkali in Mughal-E-Azam? Akbar would fall for Anarkali, or maybe even Salim wont fall for her.. A topic best left to be thought during the Bio-informatics class..
  4. What if this guy were to turn an optimist?
  • Now, if you think I am weird- wait till you meet my invisible friend. He is a pessimist, who thinks he is a realist. He is a rebel, who wants to defy all norms, who wants to be an atheist and sometimes ends up as an agnostic, who wants to stand up for morals, who wants to live his life on the edge (or maybe 50m from the edge.. but it still IS the edge), who never wants to compromise, who some times loses hope very easily and some times, never gives up. In short he is a bundle of contradictions. Sometimes I hate him, sometimes I look upto him, sometimes I tolerate him and sometimes I run away from him. But he has been with me for the past 3 years, as a friend, as a guiding angel, as a scheming devil, as a philosopher and what not. In fact most of the internal conflicts that take place in my mind, are usually resolved or sometimes compromised with his help. I dont know whether everyone goes through the same thing. But I, for one find it truly weird.
  • And finally, the last point. This is an assortment of some of my qualities, which you might not find weird. But I am just fed up of thinking weird things about myself. Its tough you know.. thinking.. I can sleep while standing, thanks to the side-effects of travelling in jam-packed Mumbai local trains. I have a huge, humungous appetite although my lanky, wiry frame might suggest otherwise. Sometimes I laugh out loud for the most silliest of the jokes. I dont know why. Not that they are very funny, but they are just childish and too unexpected. Its like you are expecting something very funny, witty and wicked, and when instead, you get something very innocent, puerile and childish, I just crack up. Strange [-(. And the best thing about being weird is that people trust you. No one really trusts a sane person, do they?? :D

Now comes the best part.. *rubs his hands in glee* I would like to tag extra people just in case. Am I wicked or what!! >:)

1. Aran
2. Affy
3. Halley
4. I.V
5. LOAT
6. Mythalez
7. Rebel
8. Sam
9. Michael Jackson
10. George Bush (He is dumb and not weird.. I knowww)

And the quote for the day is..

There's a razor thin line between sanity and insanity, sometimes you don't even know you've crossed it, until the voices start talking. Even if the voices are not real, they do have some good ideas.

P.S: Note that no Shahrukh's or Mallika's fans were harmed during the making of this post. Also I would like to dedicate this post to my late moustache.. Sorry Mr.Veerappan and Mr. Laden. I have let you down. *mourns*

*Post updated again on Monday morning*

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Vivekanand M said...

dey
y did u tag me da...:x

10:23 AM  
Blogger Vivekanand M said...

dey
i hve already been tagged for one other thing da...so guess ur tag will hve 2 wait...:D

10:29 AM  
Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Finally!!!

Finally!!!!!

Finally!!!!!!!

Am proud of you my friend ... you have done it!!!!


Being an insomniac isn't really weird ... 48 hrs w/o sleep ... ok ... but still it duznt qualify !!


You talk to yourself?? You do?? You're not weird! You're crazy!!!


SRK IS NOT A GAY DUMMY!!!!!!! grrr !!!!


I'm lost ... 4th point ...


DAMN! da 5th point is da weirdest ... how can u sleep while standing???? I sleep on my stomach ... n u were so surprised ... but u sleep standing!! whoa!!!

Congratz btw! You've been a very good boy .. :)

Three cheers for Gokul plz!!!

You've impressed me so much that from now on ... everytime i'll get tagged ... you gonna get tagged automatically ... :)

3:10 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@rebel:
I am a very patient guy.. unlike X, Y and Z :D So u can take all da time u want to come up with the tag.. all da time is utmost 1 month.. Am I generous or what? O:-)

8:45 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@halley:
What has brought your majesty to this humble abode of mine? :D My tag? ;)) Will tell ya during the Bio class.. And how is your stint as the most sensational blogger in IIIT coming? :D

8:51 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@cheesy:
Yeah.. finally #:-s

Thanku..

Well I find it weird.. Is that weird?

Talking to oneself is actually absolutely normal. It can be termed as loud thinking, and hence I am neither crazy nor loonie ;)

Is he not? But how? But all these days...*confused* Just forget it!

Guess u hav never travelled in local trains. They are soo congested that once u get in, one cannot move their hands or legs. You just get stuck. Its kinda icky, but cant help it. But of course one can sleep happily, standing, if hes careful enough not to get his pocket picked.. Its a wicked world out there :D

I've always been a good boy :D

for(i=0;i<3;i++)
say("Hip hip hurray!");

Now dont you go overboard with the tag thing. This is exactly why one should never be a good boy.. :x

9:19 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@halley:
Dude.. he is invisible!! And you are better off with your invisible friends. Why dyu want to meet mine.. Too many invisible friends will jeopardise your already crazy self. So you better stay away from him..

9:21 PM  
Blogger Gulam Hasan said...

after readin ur post i dont think u r wierd u just normal....mebbe i was expectin a lot 4m u..
Thank you for tagging me :D ll b able to blog finally
btw welcome bk to the blogosphere
n i wish tht some of the srk fans died while the makin of this blog :(

11:44 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@Affy:
dude.. right on.. But the thing is that too many people are weird and hence being normal is weird..

anytime dude.. anytime.. btw I hafta finish another tag.. SO I guess I can tag you again.. for the perfect lvoer thing.

hushh.. we have an SRK fan amidst us.. :-s

12:23 AM  
Blogger Teal™ said...

hey gokul ..
i am already tagged for this 5 points thing by another blog-bud of mine. and u mean to say u r a goody-2-shoes unlike ur rebel 'invi' frd???

1:39 AM  
Blogger Sameera said...

hmmmm looks like u dint put ur heart and soul into this post like u do for others

or like affy said maybe i expected u to be tooo weird and so was let down

i used to like compiler classes *sigh*

okie will do ur tag when u can sleep for 48 hrs continously :p

12:24 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@TT:
Am I not? :(
*puts on his innocent face*

@Sam:
I aint weird.. I am just too normal and hence weird. Got it?? Neva mind..

You liked compilers classes?? How geekish *yuck*

Dont you make any excuses!! You dont wanna awaken the crab inside me now, do you?

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home