Sunday, November 20, 2005

My Fifteen Commandments!

So now that I am on the verge of starting a new semester, I feel relieved. Atleast until the grades are out, one can continue living in this virtual heaven (after we are done with the course registration) So as usual with the coming of a New Year or a new semester, what we do make are Resolutions!! One thing that I have mastered, after coming to IIIT (next to CZ of course :P) is making resolutions. Doesnt matter whether one follows them or not. Doesnt matter whether one likes them or not. It is the sole duty of every IIITian to make resolutions, and not follow them. That maybe a bitter pill to swallow for most of us, but lets accept it. Resolutions or no resolutions, we'll continue to be what we were. We cant change ourselves overnight. Except for some.. Moving on to a more interesting topic.. Yes!! My resolutions. Wrote them when I had nothing else to do at home. Ready or not, here they are..

1. Thou shalt study sincerely for CAT.
2. Thou shalt put full efforts to increase thy legendary CGPA.
3. Thou shalt eat either to thy heart's content or till thy stomach (or tongue) cant take it anymore.
4. Thou shalt increase thy weight.
5. Thou shalt follow IST very strictly and sleep in time.
6. Thou shalt continue cracking jokes at thyself and at others expense as well, to make fellow beings laugh because joyfulness prolongeth life.
7. Thou shalt play games.. (Outdoor games of course. No computer games :|) .
8. Thou shalt not be absent-minded. Instead thou shalt be more careful, responsible etc..
9. Thou shalt not indulge in procrastination.
10. Thou shalt NOT swear in vain at fellow beings.
11. Thou shalt reduce BC and increase preaching.
12. Thou shalt become more optimistic towardeth everything and reduce ranting.
13. Thou shalt finish Deans project ASAP.
14. Thou shalt not blog about thy commandments.
15. Thou shalt TRY thy best to follow these commandments as seriously as possible.

Well, as you can see I have a headstart over the others, since I have already defied one commandment. or is it two *confused* I intend to follow these 15 commandments for atleast one month.. hmmm maybe for a fortnight.. lets see whether I can last a weak.. :-s.. Actually I never wanted to blog about it, but then I changed my mind, since if more people come to know about it, they'd goad me to stick to my resolutions. Theres a good probability that the plan might backfire.. But resolutions are made to be broken, not to be followed. Just Kidding.. Strong-willed that I am :P, I really want to follow these rules that I have laid down for myself, especially the first one. Am very passionate about CAT.. Talking about CAT, today was the D-day for most of our seniors. Seems as though the DI was the toughest. daayuummmmmm..... I will dedicate a special post to CAT soon.. after having talked with the guys, who took it, in detail.. Till then.. Sayonara people.. And the quote of the day is... refer to Commandment number 6.

There is nothing better than a world where everybody's just trying to make each other laugh.
-- Matthew Perry aka Chandler Bing.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger obelix said...

nice post, i come up with and break resoulutions every day :D

6:42 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@aprameya:
hmmm.. no wonder u hav a 9.5 CGPA *awestruck*

@deepak:
thou shalt be strong-willed to the taunts of fellow batchmates :D

7:09 AM  
Blogger Jaya said...

Ok..this is the 3rd time i'm trying..
No.6 and 7 are prolly going strong..especially 6 after the (in)famous G incident(is it safe to say "after" or does that have a whole lot of life left in it?)
hmm..lets see abt some resolutions of my own now..

11:49 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

*cups his ear* We are being tracked down.. will discuss in private. This is not a safe place..
And blog bout ur resolutions :D

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home