Sunday, November 27, 2005

Mom, philosophy aur the X-factor

I solemnly resolve not to mention anything about my SE presentation. People around me are getting pissed off way too frequently, at the mention of SE. So no more SE.. *woops mentioned it thrice already :P *

Well, actually I am very upset with myself. Back home, mom was asking me too many questions about studies and stuff, and my brain was so clogged up with thoughts that I ended up yelling at her, asking her to stay away from my problems, that I did not want to pass on my insomnia to her. At first she was kinda shocked and then she mustered some courage and asked me to share my problems with her. I just walked away from the scene. (I can get angry when nothing is going my way. I hate it, but can't help it.) She felt bad, and now I feel very bad. So planning on getting something for mom, the next time I go home.

One thing that I have learnt today is that no point in saving all your money and trying to increase one's bank balance. Hell, I'll forsake going to Chillies once, will be saving around 200 bucks, reduce my outings to the canteen and voila, I'll have a decent amount to get something nice for her. I am already feeling better. Hopefully I am able to control my urges because the mess food is deteriorating day by day.

We work day in and day out, save up a balance and watch eagerly as the numbers slowly rise from 1 to 9. Money v\s Life. We have only one life. We cant take our money all the way to our coffins. Is money worth just saving up and having a huge balance, or having a life with it? Rarely do we realize that life has a lot to show us, but we are ignorant fools. Instead of spending all the money on crappy things, *yes the canteen pastry is crappy.. especially the butterscotch one.. Yuck!!!* how about spending it on the ones you love, the ones that you care, the ones who stood by you during rough weather. Life will be much more cheerful then. No one knows what will happen in the future. So lets just keep our loved ones happy and in turn derive loads of satisfaction. <\philosophy>

I dunno I am just becoming too weird for my liking. In fact my insanity levels are rising slowly. No its not your fault Aran :D. It must be X's fault. I really wanna punch X's nose but it's not worth it. Yeah, I am talking about the back-stabber, that traitor, that *^^&$%# Read this somewhere. Life is like a doormat. People walk in and out of it. Sometimes people seem as if they are close and sometimes they seem to be far away. What we can do is just move on with our lives. It hurts and I wish I could kill X, but this issue is best left untouched. It feels bad to be used. Time will heal all the wounds, but the scars will remain. Hell I am a walking scar museum. lol. I have been back-stabbed, used, insulted, wounded and what not. Most of it taking place here in IIIT. Somehow all this has made me more cheerful. I dunno why. No.. not because I am insane..

The time has come to move on. Have been trying to be extra-cheerful now-a-days. At times it's very difficult to smile, but when few people are expecting me to make them smile...then I take it as a real challenge and to be frank.. I'm loving it :) (McDonalds) Plus Shaolin mentioned that I am making a big deal out of the SE presentation, that I should win hands down. For your sake and mine, I hope it comes true. *fingers crossed* There I go again.. ~sigh~ Some jokes to finish this post (felt that the post was a bit on the depressing side) found it on someone's blog..

A blonde was driving down the motorway when her mobile phone rang. It was her husband, urgently warning her:
"Honey, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on the freeway. Please be careful!"
"It's not just one car!" said the blonde, "There's hundreds of them!"

“Wawww….she’s one hot chick, man”
“Yeah I know…and in that tiny dress...she even looks cuter”
“Can we just edit this photo in a notepad and…you know, as every file is made up of 0’s and 1’s…”
“Yeah…I know that. What’s your point?”
“We will replace all 1’s with 0’s so that we get to see her naked”
“Brilliant!!”

P.S: Had a very bad experience while coming back from home to the campus. Will blog about it soon. Also my dear friend X, I am moving on.. and love you Mom :)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Nisha said...

Hi...Thanks for stopping by my blog...

Hey...we seem to think in common for more than one instance...

I've written a blog abt Money v/s life... And i see that even u've done the same... Wow... similar thoughts eh...

Well... Abt ur mom... I think u should make up with her asap, rather than gifting her something... She is ur Mom after all, and Mom's are such special ppl in this world...

And abt the doormat feeling... Wat can i say.. Join the club.. We'll get out of it somehow...

Cheers!

9:24 PM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

Hi.. Welcome to ma blog..
Actually the money v/s blog philosophy was inspired from ur post only. Its just that I was thinking on similar lines and I had a tuf time putting it into writing.. So when I was blog-hopping I found this post of urs and voila.. I cudnt have put it much better.. Talk bout luck. Lets see if I think on similar lines 4 years from now..

Well bout my mother.. will apologise of course.. but will gift her something.. will make her feel special. Thats the least I cud do.. :(

And I luvved ur poem.. sent it to one of ma frndz as well and think she loved it..
ciao and keep visiting :D

12:30 AM  
Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Hiya! Thanks for for dropping by.

Can't say much about Money v/s life now ... but one thing i'd like to tell ya is ... u really dont hafta gift anything to ur mom to make her happy ... a simple apology could be more than enough! You know how selfless momz are!

*You don't hafta spend money on ur loved ones ... that's wht love is all abt* .. ok i wasnt lecturing here!

And lol tht way u wont have to compromise on ur canteen food as well...:P

But anyway do let us know wht u gifted her, if u did.

haha @ blondes! I better post this comment b4 ma blonde friend reads it.

Cheerzz!

2:34 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

I think u have no idea whatsoever about our canteen. Its just a tad bit better than what they give in the mess. I'd rather spend it on my mom than.. u know..
And as far as blondes are concerned.. No comments :D

10:08 AM  
Blogger Sameera said...

dude.....agree with the other two women tellin u mom doesnt need a gift ..she needs an aplogy..poooor mommmy..moreova a gift esp a surprise one wont hurt..

dont eva delay an aplogy esp to ur family...family and friends are the only ones left who really matter.

and yeah money,totally agree.its a waste if u live to make money only..and not even use it..

9:36 AM  
Blogger Sameera said...

for such noble thoughts at ur age,,,,want some of my salary :p

9:37 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

Ok.. people I apologised and she was happy.. thought she cried on the phone, but then I dunno I am highly imaginative..

Also I DO need a small portion of ur salary.. to get my poooor mommyyy a nic gift :D And by small I just mean somewhere around 50%?? Well thats very reasonable, dont ya think??

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home