Tuesday, July 06, 2010

I hate Luv Storys - review

Watched I hate luv storys over the weekend. It is the same old concoction of guy and girl hate each other at first and then feelings develop on either sides alternatively until the climax where they discover that its finally mutual! Yeah.. and since its from the Yash Raj stable, there's no lack of grandeur. And the backdrop took me back to my Lighthouse days when I had to work at properties sourcing with Art directors while poke fun at them behind their backs with their assistants. I seem to digress. The music might not be novel but is nonetheless, nice and hummable. The editing and flow of screenplay seemed rather rough in a few places.

It's definitely watchable. Sonam Kapoor looks cute enough and as for Imran Khan, one can see shades of Aamir in several frames. I wonder if he does it consciously. Its also refreshing to see the movie poking fun at some of the Yash Raj flicks despite being one of them. As always, there are loads of cliche's but the good part is the movie is unapologetic about them. Again refreshing. But what set me off was the blatant rip-off of Barney Stinsen's theory of the Vickie Mendoza diagonal. Yes, the "Hot-Batameez" graph is actually been done before by the legen-wait-for-it-dary Barney in "How I met your mother". And the character of the director is also loosely based on Dr.Cox from Scrubs. However, he barely manages to deliver. Of course, it is a known fact that no-hohoho-hobody can come close to Dr.Cox.

So if you're fine with watching romantic comedies, then you'd definitely like this movie. But I'd glady take a match like Ghana vs. Uruguay anyday over the movie. What drama.. what intensity! What a match!! :D Its at times like this that I wish I had been a sportsperson. Now how awesome would that be, eh? :D

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the uninformed, he couldn't be a footballer because he got himself injured once and he quit after that.

Since then he has been a comedian. :P

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but still, he once broke my leg at football :P

8:03 PM  
Blogger Sameera said...

u took a break of so long to post this review.
why dont u kill me directly?

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home