Saturday, February 03, 2007

Updates - II

"Maybe you were so engrossed in making it to the IIMs, that you forgot why you wanted to make it."

Soo... lots of things happened during the past 14 days.

Jan 18th: I got placed. YES! I got placed at Aricent technologies. Its a decent company, but then I don't think I'll be joining it. Anyways, finally someone was sensible enough to select me! :P

Jan 24th: Something happened but I am not able to remember it! #-o Will keep you guys updated if I manage to recall it. I've marked it on the calender. kkkuch toh hai.. :-?

Jan 27th, 28th: Attended the CL bootcamp for all the IIM call getters. Awesome experience. Its really worth joining CL. We had a nice practice session for GDs but the best part of the camp was yet to come. We played lots of management games. And then we played cricket as well! Sreenidhi resorts is a decent place. A very memorable experience :D

Feb 1st: Attended my IIFT interview. GD was a very peaceful affair. So was my PI. Except for a couple of unanswered questions, I think the panel was satisfied. But then I don't think I'll be joining even if I get through.

Feb 1st: Got screwed in a mock interview. BIG time! The panel made me accept that I am technically incompetent during the interview. And then they made me accept that they shouldn't select me because I would be making zilch value addition. It was a very frightening and horrible experience. The lesser I speak about it, the better :-s

Leaving you guys with the lyrics of the song, Sound the Bugle by Bryan Adams. Kind of captured every emotion I went through during the past couple of weeks. Reminiscence, resignation, confusion, despair, loneliness, defeat, rejection, hope, clarity.. what not.

Sound the bugle now - play it just for me
As the seasons change - remember how I used to be
Now I can't go on - I can't even start
I've got nothing left - just an empty heart

I'm a soldier - wounded so I must give up the fight
There's nothing more for me - lead me away...
Or leave me lying here

Sound the bugle now - tell them I don't care
There's not a road I know - that leads to anywhere
Without a light feat that I will - stumble in the dark
Lay right down - decide not to go on

Then from on hight - somewhere in the distance
There's a voice that calls - remember who you are
If you lose yourself - your courage soon will follow

So be strong tonight - remember who you are
Ya you're a soldier now - fighting in a battle
To be free once more -Ya that's worth fighting for
.

PS1: Have my IIM-K interview coming monday. Will be starting for B'lore tomorrow evening. Pray for me.. [-o<
PS2: Shilpa Shetty won Big Brother. Overhyped. Yes cheesy, overhyped! :D
PS3: Tata - Corus deal has been finalised! (I'm going to be a business manager. So I need to write about business happenings as well :( And I need to be excited as well.. )
PS4: India won the ODI series! 3-1!! And Sachin hit a 76-ball century! He rocks! :D :D
PS5: Congrats J, for topping in the exams :D
PS6: Illusionist - nice movie. Raging discussion going on in cybergames mailing list. saki vs yarg.. :P
PS7: I still cant figure out why I want to do an MBA. I cant figure out what I want to do with my life :( Chari rocks big time.. :D So does Krishna. And Shivku :D (CL faculty)
PS8: When will I learn to ask for help in times of need? :-?? :-<

5 Comments:

Blogger mythalez said...

@ps8, often its more difficult to ask for help than to help
- arbit fundaes :D

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OM, do well da.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

WHOA!!
Congratulations on lot of good things happening in your life dude :)

Am hooked ot I'm ready by Bryan for past couple of days.....its just continuosly playing in loops...non stop ;)

And yes...good luck for your IIK-K interview. Cheers!!!

3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ vasan :
Where am i F***ER ??? I am not even mentioned anywhere in your "after such a long time post"..not even in the PS-es ..isd this how u treat ur future room-mate :p

3:19 AM  
Blogger Jaya said...

Just read this:) Thanks for the PS ;)) I'm all busy doin nothin.. so i need to catch up on a lot of ur posts. will do.

besht o luck for all da iims >:D<

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home