Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Philosophy 1: blah..

Lately, I've experienced a myriad of emotions.. From utter confusion to downright depression. Not to forget the flashes of overconfidence. One moment I am analysing why it is so easy to give up. And the very next moment, I start wondering why it is so hard to not give up. Everything up here *points to his head* is in a mess. Somehow something doesnt feel right.

Throughout my life I've given up on many things. I've made compromises.. what they refer to as "settling for the second best". Compromised on my dreams. Aspirations. Ideals. Somehow it never made sense to me to give my best if I cant be the best. You work hard, give it your best shot only to realise that you missed out by an inch. Or sometimes for the worse, lesser. I was never gifted with this risk taking ability. I was always ready to settle for a compromise. It is so much more easier. Of course, this way you live a peaceful existence because you dont need to try hard and you are relieved that you've given up. A huge burden is off your shoulders. Why? Not because the fear of failure is banished.. its because the pressure to succeed is non-existent. Its a great feeling initially. I dont know how many of you have actually experienced it.

But then after some days, life becomes a drab. You just would be leading an aimless existence. As you wake up every morning, there's nothing exciting to look forward to. You want a goal.. to keep you motivated. And the taste of success after having fought against all odds.. just awesome :D Triumphing as an underdog.. when nobody expects a thing from you.. it is the greatest feeling on earth. And then you want to succeed each and every time you try. You either dont want to fail or dont want to try. This another-highly-haphazard post is going nowhere..

BTW my CAT application has been accepted.

Quote of the day:

As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death.
George Bernard Shaw

PS1: I got kicked :(( And Raja acted like a wimp. He chickened out whereas my calm demeanour took everyone by surprise :D But at the end of the day, I got to keep my honour and he got to keep his butt. GVK.. I'm gonna get you.
PS2: The hot water springs of New Zealand and the geysers of OBH, 1st floor are very famous for their continuous supply of hot water. Say, you want to wash your feet at 3:00 AM and for some reason you want to use lukewarm water (coz its friggin cold!) Geyser? Switched off.. aah.. Let the taps open.. and then out come fumes like the ones in the mad scientist-frankenstein type movies.. And then.. You start jumping around showing off your latest tap dance moves a la Tom in Tom 'n Jerry.
PS3: Lost in carrom and TT. But put up a very good fight. Especially the TT quarterfinals match.. it was the best match I've ever played although I ended up on the losing side. What I lacked in talent, I made up in strategy :D
PS4: Those who dont like philosophy, please skip the initial parts :D :P This might be a series of never-ending philosophical posts :-s My apologies for those who find it torturous.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats da 4 getting ur cat form accepted. the rest is just getting through cat...

10:05 PM  
Blogger Gulam Hasan said...

There are 3 things that are very clear from your post
a) You should stop comprimising cos u r destined to bttr n bigger things
b) Now tht ur CAT form has been accepted I see no reason why you shoudnt get that seat you always wanted and
c) You should blog more OFTEN

11:01 PM  
Blogger obelix said...

I'd say what vbh said when I wrote the first post on GRE.

Get well soon.

12:30 AM  
Blogger mythalez said...

adv1: this is just a passing phase born out of a lack of confirmation of the 'next destination' in life.

adv2: its very hard to give up too .. coz u fear that u may always regret giving up

adv3: success is relative, if u agree to consider, that wat u achieve is success, then u dont need to fear failure, coz u ll never fail.

ps1- I thought everyone who properly applies before the deadline gets his application accepted :-s

ps2- give thought to my advice, i have experienced both givin up and triumphing and i know ;) ..

ps- atlast u r blogging again .. wud be waiting for future posts .. philosphical or not ...

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah raja's a wimp ..its gayam right ? :)

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miscellanious posts huh??

You wake up and dont find anything interesting???? How come??
That's interesting part.... I always find something or the other shittier things to do.. :D. If you dont find anything interesting, knock your next door

You always have either ur BTP or CAT or XAT or *AT. Get on with them

P.S : I feel that the POST SUX except for the PS part

1:50 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@tipo:
And congrats on your excellent performance in GRE!! :D ;))

@Affy:
lol@point B.. :D
And totally agree with point C
But no ideas.. what to do.. :-<

2:07 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@iv:
Thank you obelix.. I've been hoping the same for the past 3.5 years..

@mythalez:
Agree with point 2 and 3..
Point 1 does sound reasonable and logical..

@ps1: I had screwed up something in the application.. :D So its a relief that the application has been accepted.

@ps2 and ps: hehe same here..
and thank you.. I'll be waiting for your comments.. philosophical or not.. :D

2:12 AM  
Blogger The optimist from utopia said...

@abbulu:
Yo!! Gayam's a wimp! :D :D

@Anonymous:
Glad that you liked the PS part Mr. Anonymous.. I wonder who you are.. Anyways fortunately or unfortunately I've got nothing shitty to do.. :( So what solution do you propose.. From next time, I'd really appreciate if you could use your real name and comment.. and thanks for dropping by :)

2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spawn back to blogging :)

5:16 AM  
Blogger The Ephemeral Ivy said...

Wellcome back spawn...thnx for considering my request (both for writing a post and writing a comment for me)...can u help me on how to add a hit-counter to my blog.I'll become ur slave if u do this to me.

4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking forward to the ps part of your next post...no comments on the main part...wud like it if u keep them as small as possible :D

9:15 PM  
Blogger Sameera said...

jokulesh

yes haphazard is a very good adjective to describe ur post..

hang in there dude!!!
ur destined for good things that shall anyways happen to u...whether u want it or not..

but being the pessimist i am...overconfidence is maybe not such a good thing...

philosophically...nothing can take away what god wants to give u...
so good luck there!!!!!!!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Tealâ„¢ said...

I guess ppl have been in both para-1 phases and para-2 phases in their lives. We are gifted in our own ways but sometimes insecurity and lack of confidence gets the better of us. But at some point, we shud pull ourselves together and decide to never ever give up or settle for 2nd place.
All the best for ur dreams kid. =)

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oreii beversega ... post cheyara emaina .. ikkada nilanti beverse gaalu chaala mandi vunnaru !!!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home