Wednesday, June 28, 2006

DUMB charades.. :D

Dumb charades.. some of my fond childhood memories have been associated with it. Its funny how something so insignificant as this, has continued to stay memorable unlike any other major 'event' in my life.

This other day, my sister and I were recollecting the days when we used to be the exponents at this very game. We knew each other inside out and with mind-blowing strategies :P we used to make short work of any difficult sounding movies. People even went to the lengths of calling us psychic and telepathic. But as they say, all good things have to come to an end, and needless to say, somewhere down the line, we also lost track of our abilities and stopped being the paranormal siblings.


The last time when my dumb charadic skills were put to test was when we had moved to Hyderabad and this house maid of ours knew neither Hindi nor English (No, its not THAT obvious. My cousin has a house maid who speaks decent English. Better than our Intermediate Maths professor. Also I hate to admit this, but back then, my mom was better than me in Telugu) Anyways to cut a long story short, I was kinda out of touch when it came to dumb charades and so when we had been to Mumbai, we decided to play the same and relive some of the memories. And as I had mentioned earlier, my sister and I decided to be the captains of our respective teams. Then came discussing the strategies part.

Me: Achcha, remember thumbs up is a hindi movie/word, thumbs down is English and anything else means I am trying to give you a clue using a Tamil/Marathi word. (Yes, we're multi-lingual) And first up indicate the number of words in the title.
Cousin #1: Ok. And about the male lead, if its Big B, I'll scratch my imaginary french beard. SRK? I kinda act gay. If its Aamir, I put the funky style look and for Salman, I pretend I am getting rid of my shirt. Sanjay Dutt, I do his macho walk.. blah blah. And he went on and on.

And finally the game began. First up, we had little rapport in our team. I was asked to enact Awara Pagal Deewana. I tried doing the Pagal part first but ended up convincing them that a bandar was involved in the movie. Luckily we managed to pull it off. But this was just the beginning and the worst was yet to come. Things have changed over the past 6 years. I, for one was made to enact movies which sounded so weird, that I began to doubt its authenticity. Movies like 'Garam tavve pe naachti chudail', 'Haivaan ka chumma', 'Albert Pinto ko gussa kyun aaya?', 'Sati Narmada', 'Achut Kanya', 'Jai Pataal Bhairavi' and many more. Emotions raged among us.. from desperation to joy.. anger to pity (on the opponent enacting the movie name who was making a fool out of himself) Finally we wrapped it up with my sister posting a not-so-convincing victory. But it was a very satisfying experience.

And the Quote for the day is:

There are times when silence has the loudest voice.
Leroy Brownlow

PS1: Just an arbit post. I had written this on July 12th but had not posted it because of some unknown reasons.
PS2: I continue to postpone the football post. Have been feeling very lonely lately. I am chatting and orkutting just for the heck of it. Intend to go home on a long vacation, once I am done shifting to OBH.
PS3: BF2 is fun, but not as fun as CS :( I played dotA recently and am not very impressed. But I guess I'd continue playing it.
PS4: And dammit. Spain lost again. How do they manage to underachieve at each and every world cup? But now we have a rematch on the 1998 WC final on the cards. Yes, Brazil vs France! Its time for vengeance!! >:)
PS5: Vamsi threw us a sumptuous party yday. It was fun.
PS6: My yahoo messenger got screwed up. So I had to re-install an older version. And the worst part is, I lost my archives :( Some of the most intellectual and jobless conversations have been lost!!! *sigh*
PS7: I got my hair cut. Again. Tried out the Frank Lampard hairdo but people tell me I look more like Crouch :( So it wont be long before I revert back to my old hairstyle. Peace.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sry I mean to say nice pic :P

7:53 AM  
Blogger Argentyne said...

:D loved all your posts da.. including the lukog one :D

Awesome .. and i started laughing out loud when i read 'haivaan ka chumma'.. ROFL .. there's a movie like that? =)) People were asking me what's wrong (only one person actually, the lab is quite embdy righd naow)

Take care and all the besht for CAT :)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Sameera said...

chi i typed a comment..neways
finally ur blog on movie names has been posted

good nice post da
lol @all the movie names

and u know marathi also a :o phew

and i really like ur style o blogging

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this?

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home